This week Cord interviewed Todd Myers, Director of the Center for the Environment at Washington Policy Center. He is one of the nation’s leading experts on free-market environmental policy and the author of Eco-Fads: How the Rise of Trendy Environmentalism Is Harming the Environment.
Cord & Todd talked about:
- How to establish trust when working on a fraught issue
- Overcoming biases
- Working in a policy area that’s not easily quantified
- Using smartphones to solve coordinated action problems
- Find the right venue or audience for the issue you’re addressing
- Making a frenemy into an ambassador
- Challenging claims about your motivations
- When to use consultants
- Finding success on Facebook
- The importance of experimentation
- Working with unlikely allies
- Hosting a policy nature hike
- Holding a debate instead of a one-side forum
Todd’s book recommendation was Brian Caplan’s The Myth of the Rational Voter.
Please remember to rate and review this show on Apple Podcasts, follow Tallest Tree Digital on Twitter, like our page on Facebook, and share this show with other public policy marketing and communications professionals.